Re: Re: Re: uh-oh, Insulted Farrier

I am not against smacking the horse with a hand when it helps.  How about
with a rasp?  In either case, if it makes the horse progressively more
resistant to the farrier, doesn't that mean it's best to find a better way
before there is a REAL problem horse?

I rasped my horses feet last winter when my previous farrier no-showed for a
couple of months (dang, that is such hard work).  I found out for myself my
horse does best with copious rewarding.  He relaxes and it gets a lot
easier.

:-)  I can just imagine my current farrier coming back and me asking him to
try not smacking the horse so much and please be a bit more rewarding.  He
already is upset at me for asking about lost shoes.  I can just imagine how
*that* conversation would go. :-)  Hee hee.

Off to ride...  Later, gators -

m (aka Michelle Rowe), CO