Re: uh-oh, Insulted Farrier

Ok, I am convinced.  I need a "rewards" based farrier.  One of my horses
gets tense with the farrier, tries to put down his foot, and the farrier
smacks him.  They are getting into a downward spiral about this.  The same
horse will let me fuss with an EZ boot with his hoof precariously balanced
on my knee and doesn't fuss as he is just waiting for the tail scratch at
the end of my work.  I do need a new farrier, but not for the reason I
initally thought.

Thanks for the input about this, everyone.  :-)  Hearing about what makes a
good farrier was most thought provoking, refreshing and informative.

Happy trails -

m (aka Michelle Rowe), CO