simulating a vet check (either ECTRA or AERC, doesn't matter)

Jessica teep@bedford.net
I'm working on the 'conditioning' part with my horse, and that's
coming along nicely.  Amazingly, all the riding has ALSO helped
her sanity and behavior along the trail (just like ridecampers
said it would) so that I have a fairly sane trail horse, far
removed from the nutcase I started with.  Her 'in saddle'
behavior is pretty solid, alone or in groups.  However, the
'on the ground' stuff is weak.  Rather than injure the P&R
people or stomple a vet, I figure I had better try this at home
before going out in the real world.

I know it sounds absolutely retarded, but simulation seems to
work for us.  Therefore, I'd like to have enough information to
run a mock 'vet check' on my horse... the 'pre ride' stuff, the
'during a ride' stuff, and the 'after a ride' stuff that we'll
need to be able to do without exploding or injuring ride staff.

What props will I need, and what areas of my horse will be poked,
touched, prodded, or otherwise messed with?  Basically, the more
realistic I can make it, the better it will work for getting
her to deal with a real one.  Advice would be helpful.
About how many people will I need to press into service to
have it look 'real'? Do I get to hold my horse, or do I turn
her entirely over to a stranger?

Please email me directly, teep@bedford.net , as I check back
here only occasionally.  Many thanks.

Jessica