Endurance News

What a priceless magazine this is becoming.  I finally got July's issue and
it isn't even August.  The Pony Express must be feeding their horses better
stuff this month.

Susan's articles are what has made the last two issues so valuable.  Her
insights on gut motility have shown me what I've "not been doing" trying to
get Dance to complete a 50 miler.  Add that information to Jeanine's article
on the best strategy for your horse's first 50 mile ride and you have some of
the best knowlege possible to finishing your first 50 successfully.

I'm probably violating that restraining order by commenting on Angie's pic,
but I would like to say I've never seen her happier.  She is in her element
and, even though she seems to be riding a bit forward with her upper body,
her horse looks really good.  I'm not able to smile like that down here,
while riding, due to the bugs, but I guess Biltmore doesn't have Florida's
insect population.

And when you look at Steph's picture you just might be looking at Val's
replacement as spokesperson for our sport.  I can't wait to see Katie Couric
strain her neck to look up when she asks Steph how it feels to win an
endurance run in France.  Go Steph!

cya,
Howard