Re: ridecamp-d Digest V00 #1107

In a message dated 7/17/2000 1:16:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ridecamp-d-request@endurance.net writes:

<< Has anyone out there campaigned on a horse that has stringhalt??? >>

There was a horse in the SE that competed for 2 or 3 years with it.  He had
the surgury but still lifted his hind leg higher than normal.  The Vets at
the U of Tennessee who did the surgury, gave the owner a letter to carry to
the rides explaining stringhalt and the surgury etc. and the horse was never
refused entry.  As best I can remember, he did pretty well.  The horse was
4th in the "infamous" 2hour
38 minute 50 miler done one year.  I think he was a "slow" 2 hr. 44 min.  LOL

Susan K