RC: Uh-oh, insulted farrier

Barb Peck bpeck
Barb Peck
bpeck@together.net

If this happened with a farrier I'd been using for a while,
and I liked his work, I'd try to talk to him about it
the next visit.  I wouldn't want someone "mad at me" working
on my horses.

Horses lose shoes for alot of reasons..
Getting angry is not usually the response from a professional
even when questioned about their work.
But then again... how many physcians can you question
and not have THEM get snippy?
I'd probably bring it up with the goal of nicely talking
the problem through, but realizing, that one of the
out comes might be searching for a new farrier if we couldn't
work it out.

You really shouldn't have to tip toe around anyone YOU'RE
paying.. whether it be Vet, Farrier or Riding instructor..
or whom ever... unless you have some contract to keep
you opinions to yourself.
The relationship should be professional with 2 way communication.

Good luck.
(although my mouth has gotten me in trouble with
more than 1 professional.. some worked out some didn't).
Barb