RE: Reactorpanel saddle

The only major problem with rubs I had with my Endurance RP was during my
first 50 miler this year.  This was 10 weeks into having the saddle and the
2nd week of having a wool-backed pad instead of the quilted one.  Had
absolutely no problems with the quilted one, but didn't do more that 15
miles at a time until the 50 miler ; and was concerned about not having a
wool-backed bad for endurance rides.  He had a gall in the middle on the
left side of the spine about 1" in diameter.

I noticed that there was some "loin-rubbing" off of hair when I first got
the saddle in the spring.  Carmi assured me that it only appears during
shedding, and sure enough there is no loin-rubbing anymore.

The good thing about it, that the saddle CAN be adjusted and Carmi is VERY
concerned about making sure that the user understands the fitting process.
I re-read the manual, put Carmi into the loop about it, and "fixed" the
problem.  I think that there was two much of a gap between the saddle and
the panels on that side, so there was too much movement. I have now been on
several 20+ mile training rides at a fast pace with the re-adjustment and
the hair is now growing back over the gall.

I don't' think I would've been able to do the 50 mile ride without this
saddle!  I had such bad luck with many saddles last year because my horse
kept on changing shape.  Immediately after I received the saddle, I started
to notice an improvement in his movement, his muscling increased especially
behind his scapula, and my riding position improved.

There are several people in my life that think I am crazy that I didn't go
for those fancy custom made saddles.  They are the same people whose fancy
custom made saddles are not really working for them, either, so they go out
and order another one and wait for 6 months!

Kathy