Fw: Re: Flair Nasal strips

> > 13a. The use of additional therapies during competition shall be
prohibited.
> > This shall include any invasive procedures, (e.g.: acupuncture),
> > manipulative procedures, (e.g.: osseous manipulative procedures),

Let's all get out our 8th grade grammar books:

e.g. is translated as "for example"
i.e. is translated as "that is"

so the rule 13a. reads, in part "... This shall include any invasive
procedures, (for example: acupuncture:), manipulative procedures (for
example: osseous manipulative procedures) ..."

So, just because Flair strips don't manipulate something osseous, that
doesn't mean they're not a manipulative device or therapy.  So, in the end,
what I'm saying is that they could be prohibited by the rule.  Or not,
depending on your perspective.  It could be they're not a therapy, and the
rule doesn't rule out manipulative devices in general, just specifically
ones that manipulate acupuncture or response points.  I can't really see
that they represent anything over and above "natural ability" any more than
leg wraps, boots, or ice therapy does ...

Uh-oh, did I just start another thread that I'll regret?  I hope not.
Forget it.  Forget I ever mentioned it.  Let's just say I was making a
grammatical comment and that's all.

-Abby B