Re: RC: Re: Discrete Inquiry

sbrown@wamedes.com writes:

<< I'm going to disagree here.  Where else would Tom have access to an
 enormous number (globally) of intelligent, energetic, well educated
 horsemen who either may be interested personally or know of someone who may
 fill the bill?  That person needs to know that the position is available.
 It's not exactly something that you can advertise in the local Little Nickel.

 It's a big job...and has certain very specific requirements.  The potential
 rewards (money (the monetary stuff), regular work bennies, an incredible
 education (that stuff they put into your brain that *no one* can take away)
 in a variety of horse areas, contacts around the world, a marketable skill
 desired worldwide, and so on) make the basic requirements worth having and
 doing.

 Let me condense it a little (TIC ;-)):

 Rare opportunity for the right person!
 Desire intelligent, level headed, honest, experienced horse person who is
 willing to work long hours, follow the company rules explicitly, and be
 willing ride and train according to company policy.  Position includes
 competitive wages, good benefits, and an opportunity to advance.  Some
 travel may be necessary, periodic drug testing will be required.  Those who
 may NOT apply include: drunks, druggies, couch potatoes, those with mental
 instabilities or anger management problems, and those with their own
 agenda.  Personal references and in-depth interview with company CEO will
 be necessary.

 Hmmm....sounds like a local ad for Microsoft. <g>

 Sue

 sbrown@wamedes.com
 Tyee Farm
 Marysville, Wa. >>

Hmm, I should put you to work writing the next ad, Sue. We'll see which one
draws the best type. All of your insights are correct--but I wanted to make
sure that people realized this wasn't going to be a job where you learned to
be professional, but a job requiring a professional.

ti