Re: RC: Discrete Inquiry

>In a message dated 7/9/00 10:41:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Tivers@aol.com
>writes:
>
><< Well, we'll see. Have already encountered several riders who fit this bill
> over the past couple of decades. You know, serious people. Horsemen. Genuine
> dedication. Few and far between, but they're out there. We'll find one.
>  >>
>Is it me - am I the only one rather offended and irritated not only at this
>weird sort of post but by the (herein) insinuation that most of us are not
>serious.....geuine...dedicated.....SMART? Well, I don't know about the rest
>of you guys, but I say ti, knock it off - you are reachign into the region of
>offensive and arrogant, not to mention really rude.
 Tom's ad seemed perfectly reasonable to me.  The aerospace companies I"ve
worked for for the last 25 years maybe aren't as up-front about the values
and attitudes they are looking for as Tom is, but they want them none the
less.  The school work you've done gives you the basis for understanding
what you are being told and how to do the routine tasks -- but the learning
and professional growth occur on the job by working for skilled,
communicative supervision.

Lynn Kinsky (Santa Ynez, CA)
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky