Mellow Rides

I attended my first endurance ride in over 10 years a couple weeks ago. I was
really impressed, and so glad  I finally decided to go, even if I only trail
ride now. I purchased the horse I have as an endurance prospect as a
yearling. She is out of a pure Arab sire, who has sired many fine endurance
horses, and a running Quarter mare. She is almost an Anglo-Arab by breeding.
Funny how things turn out. She has many fine qualities but toughness is not
counted among them. She hates "fast" at any gait and is a natural born
western pleasure horse if there ever was one. I ride and drive her, and she
thinks I'm trying to kill her if we ride over 10 miles. I loved the laid back
attitude of the ride. The trail was beautiful and well marked. There were
even prizes and certificates for the trail riders. Unheard of when I was a
hard riding competitor. There is life after competition on the trail, and I'm
glad I rediscovered it.
Debbie