Re: RC: rides in the heat

Yep Liberty this year was hot and I didn't hear of any real problems.
Longstreet's was hot and other than one treatment - which I think was a
bit freakish - everything went pretty well.

Sometimes people will underestimate the humidity early in the morning
when it feels cool, but the humidity is near 100%. You can be much
better off to take it slower in the early going and speed up later after
it get hotter and some of the humidity is burned off.

An yet a SE horse is going to do much better in SE conditions than a
horse brought in from a semi-arid climate.

--
Truman Prevatt
Mystic “The Horse from Hell” Storm

Brooksville, FL