Re: RC: 25 Mile Ride

At 11:06 PM -0400 7/4/00, BMcCrary27@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 07/04/2000 10:21:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>Vallonelee@aol.com writes:
>
><< Some of the riders were VERY upset.  The
>  person that finished first at one ride got the BC award but was very vocal
>  about the fact that the placings were not mentioned and so no one would know
>  that he came in first.  >>
>
>We have to keep on repeating "LD is not a race", and keep on educating until
>the thought finally sinks in and becomes accepted.
>
>Barbara

I've spent years educating riders about the latter.  Years of
successful inculcation.  All for nought now--

The BOD has decided that BC on LD will not count for year end points
(a valid goal, IMO, for career LD riders) unless it's done according
to the BC worksheet--you are turning it into a race, because of time
points (as well as weight points.)  And the BOD has decided that only
the top ten finishers will be considered.  Incentive to race!  Sheesh.

That is for this year, though we-the-people are only now finding out about it.

Lynne
who will run the BC at Norco as in years past-top 5 awarded, the
whole field considered, and too bad for year end points