AERC Business

Directors of the AERC:

In view of the confusion regarding the AERC Rules and Regulations it is
imperative that something be done to "put-to-rights" the business functions
of the AERC. To have the Board of Directors of this organization pass the
several rules changes that they did at the Annual meeting, and then not
inform the membership of these changes except in the minutes of the meeting,
and then have disconcerting and contradicting interpretations of these
changes from the office staff, is not in the best interests of the sport. We
should have an Executive Director concerned with the day-to-day business of
the AERC who would prevent these questionable happenings.

Further more it is in direct contravention of the AERC Articles of
Incorporation to leave the operation of the organization to staff. Article
XI of the AERC Articles of Incorporation, as amended November 15, 1989
specifically states "section 1. The conference shall maintain an
administrative office, managed by a professional Executive Director".

I bring to your attention that the AERC has not been managed by a
professional Executive Director for two months. This two months has afforded
the AERC Board of Directors ample time to fill the position of Executive
Director. To this end, I question, is the Board of Directors interested in
performing their duties as delineated in the Articles of Incorporation or
are they more interested in the politics of being on the Board.

Directors, you have a duty to the membership of the AERC. They elected you
and they should have your respect that you would perform the job, to which
they elected you, in a concise, expedient like manner.

When can we expect the AERC to have an Executive Director to handle the
duties now being neglected.

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID