Re: RC: 25 mile ride

In a message dated 07/04/2000 10:03:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mberger65@hotmail.com writes:

<< Why then place the riders according to time?
 If you want to take the racing out of the 25 milers, don't even mention time
 at the awards meeting, only place riders considering their horse's
 condition. >>

At our Limited Distance ride of 30 miles, we do not mention rider time at
all.  We only call out the names (as they had finished, but usually
backwards, slowest first).   If I could alphabetize all the names in the time
I have left before presentation, I would do it that way.  As for placing
related to horses' condition, we don't do that because it is too time
consuming to calculate condition for 40+ horses.  Neither do we give a BC
award, for the same reason.

Barbara