Re: Abusive rider

> So what do you do to get these folks to understand what they're doing, not
> be so spoiled that *their* wants come before the horse's *needs*, become
> better educated and better trained, etc.?...or is shunning the only real
> answer...force them out of the sport for the sake of the horse?  Next
we'll
> have to watch out for them on the highway...and they'll still be the same
> old irresponsible jerk they were on the horse.

 Sue -

 My dear departed Dad would have had 3 words in response to your inquiry
(I'm
going to use a few more).  I think it's working REALLLYYY well so far as a
means of educating our co-competitors -- in fact one of the reasons I like
distance riding is that we do this.  The idea is that if you model a desired
behavior and cultivate it in your peers, it will flourish:

PROPAGATE CREEPING INTEGRITY.

I'm going out to ride.
-Abby B