mixing lytes/cc

i mix cc with lytes - and babyfood carrots- untrained.. hehe

i add 2oz of maalox..

here is the recipe--
for a vet check  hopefully every 10 to 15 miles--
2 oz ride rite lytes
1 oz abc probi
2 oz maalox
1 nr 1 jar baby food carrots
1 to 2 oz cc - depends on the vc and how fast we are going- and what the
blood Glu level is -- if i have time to test it

i normally mix this up at the vc
this is about 2 - 60 cc syringes
i am using a biggie dose pump syringe- you can get them from running
bear or darloyn butler  about $40 or so - very good well worth it -- no
i dont sell them ...

i get the whole load in this thing , then dose 1/2 and wait a while then
the last half. you dont really have to get a good mix of the cc - just
let it be lumpy- goes through the doser tube no problem

then i load up the pumper with water and rinse the mouth -- insure they
sallow

the pumper dose syringe is used for cattle and horse dentist, it has a
long tube that they can bite - brass- and all the stuff is placed way
back in the mouth, they will sallow - keeping the head up

however omni - likes this mix it does not taste too bad.

the maalox and the cc cuts the salt..

note note - i dont  use the cc all the time nor at the start  and to
date i have never used more then 2 oz at one time..we dont go fast to
burn it up.

on trail - it is just as easy for me to use pro-formula lyte now
however if the loop is long 15 miles or difficult
i take along a small squeeze bottle with 1 oz ride rite 1/2 oz probi,
maalox and the baby food carrots. it fills a 4 oz bottle. i just put it
in the lyte syringe  - these really make great syringes. i save the end
caps and the lock keeps them from dumping in the pack.

also not i have cut back on the probi i use.

after a few more reviews of my own - i concur - too much of a so called
good thing can cause a problem

i spoke a t great length with the makers of probios. they indicated that
the use of live cultures is only advised if there is a problem - like
travel stress and what we do- but the dose should be in small amounts.

the use of a non live product may not induce the growth we desire fast
enough if the guts are shut down or compromised - such as higher levels
of hcl.. we need to jump start the environment with live probotics and
hen add the by-product medium to encourage growth
but in limited amounts.

I am going to try a product called neigh lox on omni - it works the same
as maalox but has no mag Mg in it.  just add to the feed and its legal.

rr