Re: RC: Re: Re: Re: Amblin/Racking/what ever

In a message dated 6/22/00 10:17:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
DESERTRYDR1@aol.com writes:

<< To diverge just a bit, I have a friend whose purebred, registered grey
 Arabian mare produced a Bay colt out of a chesnut purebred, registered
 Arabian stallion.  The most interesting thing is this colt has zebra
striping
 on his legs and a slight dorsal stripe, both dun factor traits.  I have
 always believed ithat Arabians don't care dun factor at all.  jeri >>

You can get the striping without dun factor.  It is not real common in Arabs,
but it does occur, generally with bays.  I'm not positive, but I think it is
somehow a variance in the expression of the agouti gene that makes bay horses
bay.

Heidi