Re: RC: Amblin/Racking/what ever

In a message dated 06/22/2000 7:40:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
truman.prevatt@netsrq.com writes:

<<  I will find that in fact the barb predates the Arabian and is a
 separte distinct breed of horse. The barb then introduced to the Spanish by
the
 Moors was part of the foundation of the spanish horses. >>

The Arabian has been documented as far back as 3000 BC in the Arabian
peninsula but Arab legend puts them as far back 961 BC. The Arabian has been
one of the most documented horses and the only one to have been bred pure for
all these centuries.  I have never read that the Barb predates the Arabian.
My understanding is the the Moors we of Arab and Berber decent and they
developed Barbs on Northern Africa from the Arabian and the heavy course
horse of the Berber people.

Maria