Amblin/Racking/what ever

In a message dated 06/22/2000 6:15:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
truman.prevatt@netsrq.com writes:

<< From what I have read, the Barb is considered the worlds oldest living
breed
 and distinct from the Arabian. I also have not seen any reference to the
Jennet
 having any Arabian link. >>

The first description of a horse that resembled Arabians is Greek mythology.
The horses of that time were course, heavy and rugged (originated in Asia)
yet Pegasus was described as a light breed with a beautiful head and eye,
long arched neck and fountain tail. And amazingly the Greeks were the first
to have Arabians. It was the crossing of the Arabian and the heavy course
breed that the Barb originated from in North Africa. The mystery is no one
can link the course heavy horse to the Arabians. Greeks, of course say
Pegasus was the original and the book of Koran said that Allah took a hand
full of South Wind and blew on it, thus creating the Arabian Horse. It does
seem that Arabian just appeared from no where.

Maria