Re: RC: Amblin/Racking/what ever

Is there any hard evidence to support the mythology?  If I go to the farm next
door to mine (it's a paso fino breeding farm) and ask to read his references on
the subject, I will find that in fact the barb predates the Arabian and is a
separte distinct breed of horse. The barb then introduced to the Spanish by the
Moors was part of the foundation of the spanish horses.

In general since record keeping in those days is tied up in mythology,
proverbs, and other such methods, it is very suspect.  It is difficult to say
much with any certainity about either breed during those times.  I am also sure
the Arabian did appear from somewhere, but again documentation in those days is
not up to current standards of evidence to support a historical thesis.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm
Buck's Mystic Karma
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com