Re: Re: fly control

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rides 2 Far" <rides2far@juno.com>

> Actually...I come close to that at times. >g< Kaboot comes into a 16x11
> stall at about 10 AM this time of year.  It's got a fan in one corner,
> and I keep a muck bucket with a manure fork in it in the other.

It his interesting how horsekeeping can vary different parts of the country.
I never could understand why horses would be brought inside during the
day-is it that the bugs outside are so bad?

Out here in northern Calif, my stalls are PERMANENTLY closed off until
winter rains, otherwise the horses stand in them and poop.  No reason to
come in, since there are about 100 trees in the pasture they can stand
under, and usually a breeze.  And.................I welcome every poop
dropped on the pasture, since it is my spring green grass, I figure the
horse poop is good fertilizer.

and ANOTHER question I have for your muggy/climate rainy afternoon eastern
states-how in the heck to they cut and dry hay to bale?

Karen in Lake co.