stifle problem

Hi everyone, well my boy Donte has hurt himself!! Somehow!
It's been nagging at me for a little bit that he hasn't
felt quite right, although no one has been able to see
anything that I thought I could feel. Anyway, to try and
make a long story short, the day after my last ride he was
off. Left rear. Had the chiropractor out, farrier raised
his heels with a wedge, used the flat shoes (rim shoes?)
which gave him some relief. (This was Sat.) Farrier
suggested bute that evening as his angles were so
different) wanted me to not bute for 2 days and report how
he was doing. He seems better to me, I am trying to keep
him as confined as possible, short of stalling. (He can
move alot in a 12 x 12 stall if he gets pissy.) He charges
around in the am waiting for breakfast. His Left stifle is
always trembling afterwards although not so bad the 2nd
morning. Farrier suggested buting 2x day for 5 days to
reduce the inflammation and no riding, limited turn-out.
How can I help this heal quicker? Massages? He doesn't want
me messing with it. Stretching seems like a bad idea. Any
helpful advice would be appreciated. I am cancelling his
first ride on July 10th. It's too soon and a tough ride. So
we'll be pit-crewing for Rick at Renegade Rendevous this
year. And yes, I will be talking to my vet this am, but
wanted any firsthand advice from the ridecamp community!!
:)

=====
Heidi-aerc#M20935  /\_/\~