RE: Re: Bioscan at Hopkins Creek Ride

Okay, okay, I'm biting.  What does Bioscan do?  At my recent equine massage
course, the instructor was mumbling something about BioScan and lack of
training of BioScan personnel, but I wasn't really clear what her concern
was regarding BioScan.  (I think I was too dazed learning anatomy to really
pay attention to that piece of trivia.  Now that this discussion comes up, I
can pay more attention!)

Correct me if I wrong, but these things are banned from competition because
they mask symptoms.  I would be real concerned if this device is masking a
symptom before a ride, too.  In fact, the massage instructor advised NOT to
give massages the week before competition because it changes the way the
horse moves.

Is accupressure (without devices) banned by AERC during competition? It
seems to be okay under AERC because it is non-invasive. The equine massage
instructor said that it is banned under FEI rules which I found surprising.
I always thought accupressure was pretty benign.

Anyway, off to Tahoe for the week.  "See ya" when I get back!

Kathy