Re: RC: Re: Bioscan at Hopkins Creek Ride

In a message dated 6/16/00 7:24:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mmieske@netonecom.net writes:

<< I have seen other competitors at a ride using bioscan before...I wasn't
 aware this was a no no.  I have used Bio Scan regularly between rides.  Why
 would this be any different from any other health treatment...chiropractic,
 acupuncture, massage, etc.?   >>

Maggie, other than massage (which is non-invasive, requires no machines, and
requires no actual manipulation of body parts), all of the other modalities
you mentioned are also illegal during competition--from vet-in to after the
post-ride check.  Neither your post nor Bob's was clear--you did not mention
WHEN the BioScan was to be used, and Bob did not mention that the
"illegality" is the above-mentioned time frame.  You can certainly use it at
home, and your friend could certainly come demo it at the ride--but after the
completion checks are done!

Heidi