Re: Re: Breeds

> This is a pretty common trait in Arabs--and in fact, horses with Arab
> breeding were selectively bred to accentuate this Arab trait, and that's
> pretty much how gaited horses came about.

Really?  My book Heavenly Gaits (not a great book IMO) on gaited horses said
that most modern gaited horses are thought to have come from Spanish Barb
ancestry.  Is the idea that the Spanish Barb is borne from Arab blood (I
thought not...)?  No doubt many breeds are carrying Arab blood, though the
face on many gaited horses looks quite Spanish with the long anti-dished
face. :-)

m (aka Michelle Rowe), CO