Re: RC: Re: Breeds

In a message dated 6/16/00 3:56:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com writes:

<< I've always been curious about this bit about being "well bred on
paper"--who defines what "well-bred" is?   >>

When I used this term I meant that the horses had ancestors who were famous
and had a reputation (according to what  people I knew told me) for producing
good horses.  Their sire was a nice horse as an individual, and the grandsire
had done well in halter and in some limited performance showing and was sired
by Aladdin.  Their dam line went to Bay Abi and some other big time horse
whose name I've forgotten or blocked out.  As a complete newcomer to
Arabians, all I knew was that I had actually heard of those horses and that
the people who were introducing me to Arabians raved about how well bred the
fillies I purchased were.

Rhonda and Special