Re: RC: New Horse

In a message dated 6/14/00 3:02:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< I am tempted to just haul him straight from his old home to the vet and
get it done but I am torn in my decision.  Can anyone help me decide? >>

Well, I'd geld him.  But then, I've seen very few stallions that shouldn't be
geldings (IMO).  If you've got a mare and want to breed him once, I guess do
it, then geld him.  I have a sweetheart of a paint horse who was a stallion
in a herd for about a year before I brought him in and gelded him.  He can
still, to this day, (age 23) bring a mare into season faster than anything
you've ever seen.  But other than that, he isn't any trouble because he got
to breed willy-nilly (that was not my decision to make at the time BTW).  And
sorry willy-nilly sounds funny when coupled (oops) with the term "breeding",
eh?   Good luck and congrats on your new horse :)

Sylvia