New Horse

Angela Nathe anathe@greatplains.com
I have just purchased a new horse that I would like to try riding in competetive rides next year and some day in endurance.  He is great grand son of khemosabi, is 3 yrs old and has not been gelded yet.  He has an excellent attitude and his confirmation is great.  What I am looking for is some opinions on whether or not to geld him.  I would love to use him as a stud but I don't think I am completley aware of the difficulties I might face.  Also, an opinion on what if I just breed him once?  Is that going to have an effect on his attitude.  I am tempted to just haul him straight from his old home to the vet and get it done but I am torn in my decision.  Can anyone help me decide?

Thanks for your help.