Re: Re: Breeds

I had a friend using my barn for three years as a training center---she had all types of horses in, but mostly Arabs.   I never saw an Arabian buck with her; never saw one run off; never saw any particular problems.   However, I did see several other breeds buck, throw themselves down with her on their back, and generally be a PITA (mostly the "mild" QH types).   Also--I always thought a horse would "do anything" to avoid running over a person when they were in flight (as my Arabians do)---however I was deliberately run over by a yearling Paint filly of hers----and yes, I truly believe it was deliberate--I had just been knocked down by another horse who was looking behind himself as he jumped, and SAW her coming directly at me, with room on each side to miss me--and I certainly was big enough to be seen.   Claudia
----- Original Message -----
From: Lif Strand
To: Ridecamp
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2000 9:58 AM
Subject: RC: Re: Breeds

At 09:49 AM 6/14/00 -0700, you wrote:
I think because the Arabs were so well breed with the bedonians way back when , their inheirant mannerisms is to bond with people and the mass majority want to please you and want to be a paart of your herd

Good point, Lisa.  My theory is that this breed was kept in close interaction with humans for so many generations that they "need" this relationship now, and that when Arabs "go wrong" it might be because they've never had the chance to bond with a human properly.  Just another wild and pretty much unsubstantiated theory.  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609