From: Snodgrass, Bonnie
To: 'Ridecamp'
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2000 3:56 AM
Subject: RC: Electrolytes On the Trail For Both Of You!

 Someone from ridecamp in the past gave me a great tip so I'll pass it along. I pre-mix my horse electrolytes in a honey dispenser with an attached cap. Rubbermaid makes a great one. It fits great into any water bottle holder on your saddle or fanny pack. I carry an empty syringe in a baggy and about once an hour, as long as I know I'm coming up on a water hole, I just sqeeze a dose into the syringe and dose the horse. It's one of the neatest, cleanest ways to fill a syringe!!!!

For me, I prefer Cytomax, an electrolyte + brand developed for marathon runners and frequently used by bike riders also. Not too salty or intense, goes down easy, doesn't bother my stomach, and provides some fuel, vitamins and minerals that help prevent sore or cramping muscles.  Three flavors, comes in a powder. Try your bike stores for this one.

Bonnie Snodgrass