Re: RC: Breeds

Heidi,

I think you hit the nail on the head in that what you get at a ride is not the
true resting rate. Check in a mare and depending on where she is in her cycle
the check in rate can vary 20 bpm where as the resting rate is pretty
constant.  Same thing with a stallion.

Given that the heart is devlivering O2 and and carrying away waste products, in
a volumn of blood then the faster it has to beat to deliver the necessary
volumn implies that it is delivering less volumn per beat. Which either means
the heart is small or inefficient. In the extreme, neither case is desirable.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm
Buck's Mystic Karma
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com