Re: RC: Breeds

In a message dated 6/13/00 6:56:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
truman.prevatt@netsrq.com writes:

<< In humans the lower the resting heart rate the more efficeint the heart.
 It is not accident that the best runners are the ones with the lowest
 resting heart rate. At least that was the basic premise when I was
 running. >>

Up to a point, but have seen no practical advantage beyond that point.  I
worry when the "true" resting rate (ie not necessarily what you get at ride
check-in) is up in the 40's.  But I've seen no particular advantages from
horses with resting rates in the low 20's vs horses in the mid 30's.  Again,
no hard data here--just a quarter of a century of pulsing and vetting
thousands of horses going thru rides...

Heidi