RE: water tank fish??

When we put in our fishpond we put some feeder goldfish in it, and they
ate the mosquito larvae the first year, but when they got older they
lost interest in them. We contacted the mosquito abatement board, and
they told us that mature goldfish won't eat them, and we should come and
pick up some mosquito fish.

They gave us about 25 mosquito fish, and over the years they have
multiplied into probably thousands. We live in the Los Angeles area,
where the water never gets very cold, so I don't know how they would do
if it froze.

We now have koi over 1 foot long, and the goldfish, about 8 inches long,
and the mosquito fish, ranging from tiny to about 1 inch long. They all
get along just fine.

Donna
http://www.RideStories.com