Re: ice boots

  In that case, the boots are obviously important (or >hosing
>with water).

Ahh, but when there are 50 hot horses and one water hose...
actually, ice water with a sponge is my favorite on a really hot day when
you're trying to get through the vet check.  We just opened the spiggot
on both our coolers and drained them into buckets for sponging his neck
and legs.  When I had my knee surgery they gave me an ice boot for
myself.  Even freezing the inserts in the freezer, they didn't stay cold
very long...  At Liberty I tried Karen Chaton's suggestion of carrying
the little blue ice packs that you can freeze and putting them under his
crown piece.  They were frozen when we left home, kept in the cooler but
had gone soft, were nice when first put on but within just a couple of
minutes were warm.

By the way...you people who are riding horses on HOT days with those
crocheted ear and forelock covers.  Don't you think those things hold in
a lot of heat???

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.