Re: RC: Re: ice boots

At 10:31 AM 06/08/2000 -0400, Rides 2 Far wrote:
>...  At Liberty I tried Karen Chaton's suggestion of carrying
>the little blue ice packs that you can freeze and putting them under his
>crown piece.  They were frozen when we left home, kept in the cooler but
>had gone soft, were nice when first put on but within just a couple of
>minutes were warm.

Angie:   I meant to use the ice packs that you break open -- they aren't
frozen ahead of time.  So when you pop them (the contents inside), the
chemical reacts and you shake it up, then the little pack stays frozen for
20-30 minutes....even in the heat....they work GREAT!!!!  Did you get the
web page addy I sent showing where to get them from?  They are totally
awesome for using as quicky ice boots in an away check.  Then, once they
have been broken you can re-freeze them.