alone?

I have never had more than one riding horse at a time to train until now,
and I need some help with theory.  Before I always just got on the lone
horse, and started riding out from home on short rides (1 mile round trip)
and building up.  Now I have two riding horses, and I need to start riding
my Arab alone (she does fine on trails with companion horses or in the arena
alone).  She does not like to leave home since her buddies are here.  Sooo I
think I'll be better off trailering her to somewhere quiet and riding her
alone - starting with very short loops that go past past the trailer,
building up loop length.  Is my thinking correct on this or is there a
better way to build her willingness & confidence up about going out alone??

m (aka Michelle Rowe), CO &
Sarena (aka Thing) - sometimes brave, usually willing