Re: RC: Re: Anaerobic HR Readings

  I would definately get the monitor checked.  The past couple of rides I
had noticed that mine was giving really weird readings.  It seemed fine
when I first put it on, but after I got on Scarlet and started moving, it
would shoot up to 150.   We would spend most of the ride bouncing around
between 170 and 240.  I changed girths several times and even changed the
conneciton fluid for the electrodes, but still got the erroneous
readings.  Finally, I borrowed a friends and tested it -- the watch
worked fine, the transmitter worked fine, the electrodes were bogus!  My
dad hooked the electrode wires up to his battery tester and we found that
one wire had a crimp in it and that's why it wasn't working properly.  I
got some new wires and now it's working fine.

Rae
Tall C Arabians -- TX