RE: Electrolyte comparison list.

Here's my electrolyte regime: (disclaimer: electrolyte replenishment
is very important, but if  your horse is not conditioned for the work
and ridden within his ability, then you may have hydration problems
no matter what brand/dosage you use).

I use Perform & Win, EnduraMax and LyteNow.
The P&W is 'tastier' and also requires greater amounts to meet the
recommended dosage, so I mix it with their feed instead of
dosing it via syringe. I usually add 1 oz. to their feed - wet
beet pulp/grain mix - starting a couple days before the ride.
I can start preloading that way, and don't have to torture them
(yet) with syringes.
I premix 60 cc syringes with EnduraMax (mixed with Maalox and/or
yoghurt) for use at camp - 1 dose before the ride, and a dose
at every hold.
I pack LyteNow for use on the trail. The syringes are small and
safe (no leaking or spills) so I don't worry about carrying them
with me, and I don't have to worry about mixing stuff on the
trail. LyteNow is definitely more expensive, but if you buy the
3-dose syringes it's not so bad (and I saved the single dose sryinges
and refill them from the 3-dose ones so I don't have to pack the
big ones).

Not very scientific as to which brand is better - but mostly based
on practicality, and a shotgun approach - use 'em all. I like the
fact that the LyteNow is so high in potassium, so I make sure I
use it at some point - preferably early in the ride. I try to dose
often - every 10 miles if possible - and if the ride is not too
difficult - high temps, high speed - will still try to dose every
10 miles, but use smaller amounts - 1/3 or 1/2 half doses.

Steph