Re: RC: Atrial Fibrillation

I'm not a vet but my father had atrial flutter, which is similar to atrial
fibrilation. Apparently one of the chambers of the heart just kind of
twitches or flutters instead of contracting and pumping blood. My father
didn't know he had it until he took his pulse and it was something like 160
instead of 80 (he takes his own bloodpressure so thats why he was taking his
pulse). It took a couple days on meds to straighten him out and the doctors
said its common in older people, no idea what set it off. I never heard of
this in horses, hopefully someone can enlighten you.

                                                 Shelly in DE