Re: RC: fracture of facial crest

In a message dated 05/24/2000 10:12:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Has anyone out there had a horse with
 a facial crest fracial?  My horse ran into
 a fence. It cut her face open and the vet said that
 she had broken this part of her head.  Did not have a lot
 to say about so enlighten me.  >>

My daughter and son-in-law have an older horse whose facial bones were
fractured just below the eye, caused by another horse that kicked him.  There
have been no adverse reactions and the only residue of this injury is a
tennis ball-sized depression in the skull.  I guess it would depend on the
location of the fracture as to the outcome.

Barbara