NO SWEAT

Just read the post about the horse not sweating with interest, as my eventing TB does not sweat, either (it's not the climate, my new horse, less fit, sweats)

I just wondered why this is a problem, as I always thought he didn't sweat because he was fit.  It isn't an endurance situation, obviously, but we get back from some pretty fast 10 km out-rides and he is still fairly dry - just wet under the saddle.  He drinks a lot, and refuses to eat a salt lick, so I add a tablespoon of coarse salt to his feed twice per day.  Should I be worried?

Thanks, all
Tracey