nose bleed

We rode twenty miles today.  It was *very* hot.  At least the mid-90's in
the sun.  Maybe hotter.  We did a fair amount of trotting and cantering.
When we got home one of the horses had a trickle of blood coming out of one
nostril.  He didn't seem to be in any distress and the bleeding stopped
quickly.  I've never had this happen before.  Is it something to be worried
about?

Suzanne