Re: RC: Tevis

In a message dated 5/19/00 8:39:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Dbeverly4@aol.com writes:

<< Oh yeah,
 one other piece of advice.....go AROUND Cougar Rock :))  Great picture, but
 the trail around is sooooo much safer that I'll never ride over that
stinkin'
 rock again <g> >>

I guess it's all a matter of perspective--after growing up in the rugged
Salmon River country of Idaho, my main memory of Cougar Rock (granted, 25
years ago) was one of major disappointment, because it was so much easier
than it looked in the pictures!  <g>  My biggest fear (there and on almost
any "technical" trail) is the out-of-control fellow rider, rather than the
terrain...

Heidi