Re: RC: Tevis

In a message dated 5/19/00 5:17:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
equiphile@hotmail.com writes:

<<  Secondly about the trail itself, how much food and H2O is available at
 the stops?  I don't know how easily our crew will be able to get to the
 stops.  I can carry lytes, but not hay.  I also need H2O replacement for
 myself. >>

Hi Roberta!  There are only 2 stops where crews can easily get to you --
Robinson Flat and Forest Hill.  At all the other stops there is plenty of
people & horse water, hay, and usually bran mashes plus some great volunteers
to hold your horse for you if need be.  Some people send a crew to Dusty
Corners, but in order to do that you basically have to have 2 completely
separate crews because of driving times.  I carry lots of little nibbly stuff
 with me and a couple of e-lyte syringes for my horse (don't forget the Advil
too :).  Then I can replenish supplies at Robinson and Forest Hill.  The
Tevis is a very well run ride and has a great bunch of volunteers who pretty
much look like Gods by the time you ride into some of those VCs!  Oh yeah,
one other piece of advice.....go AROUND Cougar Rock :))  Great picture, but
the trail around is sooooo much safer that I'll never ride over that stinkin'
rock again <g>  Good luck and hope to meet you at Robie Park or Auburn --
when we get our buckles (positive thinking here :).

Sylvia & Harca (Harca is going for his 6th Tevis finish this year!)