Re: RC: Riding alone?

In a message dated 5/16/00 9:05:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Shyodu@aol.com
writes:

<< Here's my question - we have a 35 miler this weekend
 with no buddy to ride with.  I'm sure we will be fine by ourselves, but am
 concerned that he may use too much energy worried that he is alone. >>

That's one reason why a certain amount of training should always be done
alone--you don't want to have a horse that is herd bound or dependent on
others.  Yes, he may use some extra energy worrying about being alone since
it is a relatively new thing--but what a great opportunity to get him out and
further his education!  That's a part of what this is all about in the
beginning anyway...

Heidi