Re: Have you ever felt like this at a ride?

Dear Anonymous,
Having never participated in CTR's, my comments will only address Endurance
rides, which if your description is accurate, perhaps you should be
considering. In seven years of participation, I have NEVER experienced
anything but downright, down home friendliness and support from Ride
Managers, Vets, P&R personnel, and fellow riders. Welllllll...... I did get
yelled at once by someone who shall remain nameless because he felt that I
was riding too close to his horse's tail. And I probably was......being new
to the sport and all and a bit nervous and all. But that isolated incident
required only an apology and closer attention on my part.
I will say that if a vet pointed out that my horse appeared to have a
lameness problem, I would hope that my response would not be a defensive
one, regardless whether my home vet had checked my mare that morning.
Circumstance and chance often conspire to bring on sudden, inexplicable
cuts, contusions and various maladies that may afflict a horse and I am only
too willing to partner with a knowledgeable person, as vets more often than
not are, to determine whether my horse needs further attention.
As for your feelings of paranoia regarding the reaction of the vet and ride
manager and the fact that you did not identify yourself, I can only offer
that what we sometimes see in others is often a mirror of ourselves.
Pat Super