Metabolic/lameness questions, Part II

2nd part of the scenario. Classy was trailered over to
Prineville Friday late morning, early afternoon. (3.5 - 4
hours.) Ate and drank very well in camp, ate and drank
GREAT on the trail. (Which he is normally not apt to do!
And he did not have his buddy on this ride.) Pulled at out
VC and rode for 1 hour in trailer back to camp. Rick stayed
for a few hours picking up camp, letting Classy eat and
drink and of course visiting with our friends doing the 50
at their VC. Then he trailered home. (Same amt. of time
home.) After unloading, Classy ate grass and I fixed him a
big gooey mess of beet pulp with about 8 oz. of rolled oats
as a treat. About 3 hours later I notice he is pawing and
gives a stomp with his hind foot. He never does this. I
watch him, he goes and lays down and looks at his tummy. He
stands up and I listen for gut sounds. A little, but not
normal. I walk him and he starts to want to eat the lawn
which I let him between walking. Give Banamine after
talking to Vet service. 1 hour later you can hear gut
sounds at 30 feet!

Do you think this is a stress colic from trailering too
much? He had bloodwork done by Dr. Foss prior to the ride
and it was totally normal. (Thank you Roger for your story,
Classy has had the exhausted horse syndrome before and we
wanted to get a good idea what goes on with him.) The
bloodwork was not done after the ride. (He had only gone 14
miles and had stood around at out check for over an hour
and then the ride back to camp.) Any other thoughts on what
may have caused this mild case of colic?

=====
Heidi-aerc#M20935  /\_/\~