Re: RC: Have you ever felt like this at a ride?

> >I dunno, that sounded like CTR to me, _not_ endurance.  We don't have "vet
> >judges"
>

> ummmm....Glenda....have you read the new AERC veterinary manual?
>
> Here is a paragraph from it:
>
> The rules of this sport are ever evolving to allow for a competition that
> is fair and consistent for horses and riders at all AERC rides. These
> Veterinarian Guidelines for Judging Endurance Competitions have been
> developed by experienced endurance veterinary judges. It is the duty of
> every veterinary judge to know the rules to the best of his/her ability and
> to consider the medical safety and health of the horse participants.
> Necessary supplies for treatment, or the arrangement thereof, and a
> comprehensive plan for said treatment, are the responsibility of the Head
> Veterinary Judge.

Yes, dear, I read that on RC recently, but that is primarily a change in
terminology, not actual judge description, and not at all the same thing
as the "vet judges" that give points as was described in the post referred
to above by this subject line.

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310