new conditioning method

I went to the races this weekend, as I have an interest in Arabian racing,
and know some people with racehorses.  There was one Arabian race each day
(Sat & Sun) The same couple's horses won each day.  Afterward, my friends
Tresa & Les, ex-endurance riders BTW, and the winning couple and I went out
for dinner.  Les was asking how they were conditioning this year, as they
have had other wins besides this weekend, after not doing too well for a
while.  The winning trainer said he has a new conditioning method this year.
They have a 7 acre pasture where the horses are turned out, so his nine-year
old grand daughter goes out with the family dog, a german shorthair pointer,
and a can full of rocks.  She chases the horses for about a half hour or so,
shaking the can.  The horses run, and they don't have to carry weight or
worry about the footing.  I'm told that the dog is an integral part of the
program, as it can outlast the horses and the grand daughter.  It must work
for them, they won a bunch this year!  Wait til TI hearts this!

jeri (who doesn't get to condition at all this summer)